Contact:W. Scott Horne
212 909 5350 (office)
908 625 5361 (mobile)
MELVILLE, NY, March 13, 2018 – KPMG LLP and ATHENA International today announced Anne Shybunko-Moore, president and CEO, GSE Dynamics, Inc., and Erin Storch, regional account director, Crossover Health, have been awarded Long Island’s sixth annual ATHENA Leadership and Young Professional Leadership awards, respectively. Shybunko-Moore and Storch, along with the other finalists, discuss their leadership journey in this video.
The ATHENA awards recognize exemplary women leaders who have achieved excellence in their business or profession, served the community in a meaningful way, and actively assisted women to achieve their full-leadership potential. Shybunko-Moore and Storch received the honors January 18 at a breakfast ceremony at Oheka Castle attended by Long Island business and community leaders.
In addition to Shybunko-Moore, other finalists for the ATHENA Leadership award were:
Maureen Knott, vice president, Product Advertising Dental Division, Henry Schein, Inc.; Carolyn Mazzenga, office managing partner, Marcum LLP; and Diane McIlree, managing partner, Advisory on Call, LLC.
Other finalists for the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership award were: Felicia Fleitman, founder, Savvy Hires, and co-executive director, recruitLI; and Sunni Thaxton, senior chemist, Advance
Technologies, The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
“Long Island is enriched by an abundance of women in leadership roles in our businesses and communities, and volunteering their resources and energy to a myriad of organizations,” said Theresa Ahlstrom, a partner in KPMG’s Long Island office, and cohost of the ceremony. “ATHENA’s mission to develop women and other diverse leaders is even more critical as the need to build an inclusive work environment and diverse workforce has become a business imperative.”
Karen Prange, executive vice president and CEO, Global Animal Health, Medical and Dental Surgical
Group, and member of the Executive Management Committee, Henry Schein, Inc., was the keynote speaker. A recognized business leader, Ms. Prange has extensive experience in strategic change, market development, and global product innovation and commercialization. She is also a member of The Committee of 200, an invitation-only membership organization of the world’s most successful women entrepreneurs and corporate innovators.
The ceremony was hosted by the Long Island Athena Selection Committee and lead sponsor KPMG LLP. Participating sponsors included Farrell Fritz, Henry Schein, the Nature’s Bounty Co., NorthWell Health, Signature Bank, 1800flowers.com, and Estee Lauder Companies.
ATHENA Award Recipient Biographies:
- ATHENA Leadership Award – Anne Shybunko-Moore, CEO and owner, GSE Dynamics, a defense manufacturing company supplying structural parts to all branches of Government.
- Appointed member of the National Women’s Business Council (2014-2017)
- Executive Committee member of the Supplier Management Council of the Aerospace Industries Association
- Co-chair, Long Island Legislative Manufacturing Taskforce (Chair, Manufacturing Consortium of Long Island)
- Appointed member of the Long Island Regional Economic Development Council
- ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award – Erin Storch, regional account director, Crossover Health
- Member, Board of Directors, Residents Forward (Formerly known as Residents for a More Beautiful Port Washington)
- Peer Mentor and Fundraiser, International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice and National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Served in leadership and formal mentorship roles:
- The Advisory Board Company
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
About KPMG LLP
About KPMG LLP
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, providing innovative business solutions and audit, tax, and advisory services to many of the world’s largest and most prestigious organizations.
KPMG is widely recognized for being a great place to work and build a career. Our people share a sense of purpose in the work we do, and a strong commitment to community service, inclusion and diversity, and eradicating childhood illiteracy.
KPMG LLP is the independent U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”). KPMG International’s independent member firms have 197,000 professionals working in 154 countries. Learn more at www.kpmg.com/us.
About ATHENA INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1982 by Martha Mayhood Mertz, ATHENA International develops, supports, and honors women leaders and has recognized more than 7,000 award recipients in more than 500 communities. Professional women have received the prestigious ATHENA Award in the United States, Bermuda, Canada, China, Greece, India, Russia, Unite Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.